How does the automated bookkeeping tool work?
We import your accounting and bank transaction data into our platform where we then organize and run it through our machine learning system to match your transactions to our gold standard chart of accounts. We take the pain out of bookkeeping by automating this process with the latest technologies!
Is my financial data safe with ScaleFactor?
Yes. We use the same 128-bit SSL encryption and physical security standards as your bank, so you can rest assured that your information is always safe and secure.
Do I need to link my bank accounts with the platform?
Yes. Your bank login information is used to establish a secure connection with your accounting system so that we can receive your accounting data, however we are not able to view or store your login information.
How do I add a contact?
- In the Accounting module, click “Contacts” on the banner
- Click “Add New Contact”
- Fill in Name (required), Email (optional), Phone Number (optional), Tax Number (optional)
- Save Changes
How do I add an expense category?
The ScaleFactor platform currently uses a standard chart of accounts. If you need a new category or account, reach out to the ScaleFactor team! We’re more than happy to help with your specific needs.
Bill Pay & Invoicing
How do I upload a bill?
- In the Bill Pay module, Click “Billing Overview” on the banner
- Simply drag and drop the bill file (PDF) into the “Upload Your Bills” section and click Upload
- Once uploaded, you can approve the bill to be paid on a specific date
- Save Changes
Can I schedule payments at a future time?
Yes. Once you upload the bill onto the platform, you’ll be able to approve the bill to be paid on a specific date. Please note: we schedule payments 3-4 days before your chosen pay date to ensure payments are made on time.
How do I approve a bill?
When you assign a specific pay date to a bill, that represents you approve the bill to be paid on that date.
Where do I see my uploaded bills?
The Uploads tab contains all bills uploaded onto the platform.
What Is Dwolla?
Dwolla is a powerful payments platform that securely connects to bank or credit union accounts to enable the transfer of money for any individual or organization in the U.S.
Why is my transaction still pending?
A bank or credit union transaction usually takes 3–4 business days to complete via the Automated Clearing House network (ACH) used by banks to transfer funds. Please note: transfers take longer to complete over weekends and holidays.
Why did the transaction fail?
Sometimes transactions to or from a bank or credit union can fail. Here are a few reasons why transactions can fail:
- Insufficient Funds: There are insufficient funds in the sending bank or credit union account to complete the transaction.
- Frozen Account: A bank or credit union account has been frozen.
- Other Reasons: A bank or credit union rejects the transaction for some other reason.
If a transaction fails, please contact your bank or credit union to check on the status of your account. Then either re-initiate the transaction or ask your financial institution why the transaction may not be processed.
Why am I being asked for more documentation?
If we ask for a Photo ID, additional information is needed to verify your identity. Please upload one of the following forms of identification:
- An unexpired, current, state-issued driver’s license or identification card, -OR-
- An unexpired, current U.S. passport
If we ask for a bank statement, additional information is needed to verify that you are an authorized signer on your connected bank or credit union account. Please upload a copy of a recent statement.
How does Dwolla protect customers’ data?
Dwolla protects customers’ data through secure servers and a world-class cloud environment. Dwolla’s servers are encrypted with 128-bit or greater encryption controlled by Transport Layer Security (TLS), and sit behind firewall and intrusion protection. Our cloud service offers a highly secure environment with a dedicated security team.
Where do I update my contact information?
- Log in to your account
- Click on “Settings” on the sidebar
- Click on “Profile” on the banner
- Click the changes you would like to update
- Save changes at the bottom of the page
How do I reset my password?
You can easily reset your password here.
How do I add another user to my account?
- Log in to your account
- Click “Settings” on the sidebar to access your Company Profile
- Scroll down to “Authorized Users” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Add Account”
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Email, and Password of the user you would like to add